Maasai bead bangles
Maasai beadwork embodies the whole of Maasai culture representing beauty, strength, tradition, warriorhood, social status, and their deep love and devotion for their cattle. The age-old art form is practiced by women of the village who learn from their mothers, who learned from their mothers. The women take small glass beads that are laid out on trays and strung onto clear threading.
Each color has a symbolic meaning for the tribe.
- Red stands for bravery, unity, and blood.
- White is for peace, purity, and health.
- Blue, signifies the energy and the sky.
- Orange and yellow reflect hospitality.
- Green symbolizes health and land.
- Black represents the people and the struggles they endure.
Fun to wear alone or in bunches, this Maasai bangle is a rubber ring wrapped in beads in various fun designs. The bangle gives a little to get over your hand but not too much.
Each bangle is approximately 9" - 11" in circumference.
This bangle bracelet is striking and feels cool and comfortable against the skin. It slips on easily yet fits securely.